Article and photo submissions are welcome from boaters worldwide! You may select to submit articles and photos for the magazine, the website, or both. Simply complete our fillable PDF submission form that you will find HERE and email it to us, or fill out our online submission form HERE. You will find the section titles and compensation information for the different sections in our guidelines.
Submissions that are used on the website will not receive compensation and are for our one-time use only. Once they are added to the site, you may submit them to other publications or sites, as long as they first appear here on Latitudes & Attitudes.
Emailing us a photo or article?
Please send all photos and articles (as well as your PDF submission form!) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Images should be full resolution, and articles should be in either a Word document or PDF format.
Below you will find the compensation rates for articles that are used in Latitudes & Attitudes Magazine, the Print Edition. At this time, we do not pay for website submissions. Your submission will first be considered for the print edition, and then for the web.
Payment for articles will be made by check or PayPal. We require that you fill out our Writer Information Form in order to be compensated for your submission. Any questions about rates and compensation should be directed to email@example.com.
|$100 to $250.00 USD||Cover Photo
An amazing, large, vertical photo with good clarity and brilliance (300dpi or higher). This photo depicts a person or people enjoying the cruising lifestyle. If we do not choose your photo to be on the cover, it will be included in the Underway section.
A photo of you and your cruising buddies living it up aboard! These will be featured in our “Underway” section of the magazine. Make sure the image is high quality and that you give us a caption to go with it!
Our kind of people! Send us a good, high-quality photo (300dpi or higher) of you or your friend on a boat, along with a paragraph about the person. These will be featured in our “Boat People” section of the magazine.
|$100 to $250 USD||Feature Story
Have an exciting cruising adventure? This is the place to submit it! Features should be 500-1500 words and should be accompanied by at least 8-12 good, high-resolution photos (300dpi or
|$75 to $150 USD||Minor Feature
Anecdotes about what you have experienced while at sea or anchor. Minor features should be 400-750 words and should be accompanied by at least 6-10 good, high resolution photos (300dpi or higher).
|$100 to $200 USD||There’s This Place
Tell us about an area, island, or even country and what cruisers will find when they arrive. Make sure your article is 750-1000 words and has 6-12 good, high-resolution photos (300dpi or higher).
News from boaters, for boaters from around the world!
|$75 to $100 USD||Galley Gourmet
Recipes for fixin’ in a galley, or recipes from places you have cruised. Make sure you include 4-6 good, high-resolution photos (300dpi or higher).
|$50 to $100 USD||Lats&Atts Lifestyles
Stories from cruisers around the world! These are true stories of what folks find when they are off the docks. Make sure your article includes 8-12 good, high-resolution photos (300dpi or higher).
|$50 to $75 USD||Did I Do That?
Dumb stuff happens to cruisers…who’s going to own up so others can learn from their mistakes? Share your cruising mishaps – photos are requested, but not required.
|$100 to $250 USD||Critters Aboard
Send us your stories about your furry, scaly, or feathered friends who sail with you! Make sure your article is 500-1500 words and has 4-6 good, high-resolution photos (300dpi or higher) of your buddy/buddies.
|$75 to $150 USD||Cruising Outposts
Cruiser-friendly bars, clubs, eateries, and/or hangouts. Make sure you include 4-6 good, high resolution photos (300dpi or higher).
Terms and Conditions
By submitting to Latitudes & Attitudes, you agree that:
* We may decide in our sole discretion whether to publish or otherwise use your submission, and at what rate of compensation (based on the listed rates above).
* We may edit your submission in our sole discretion for suitability, brevity, clarity, grammar, compliance with our rules and any other purpose we deem appropriate.
* You are solely responsible for your submission and the consequences of submitting it to us and our use thereof as permitted by these terms.
You affirm, represent and warrant to us:
* You are at least 18 years old or have parents’ written permission.
* The information you provide to us through this form and in your submission is true and accurate.
* You haven’t impersonated any person or falsely stated or misrepresented your affiliation with a person or entity.
* You own or have all necessary licenses, rights, consents, and permissions to use and submit to us the materials here, and to authorize us to use said materials as expressed in these Terms and Conditions.
* Your agreement to these Terms and Conditions does not in any way conflict with any existing legal agreement or commitment on your part to any third party.
* Your submission does not embody, reflect or reveal any confidential information and that we are not obligated to treat them as confidential.
We will not accept an image or article that:
* Is false, misleading, or inaccurate.
* Does not belong to you (the submitter).
* Has been printed or submitted elsewhere.
* Is not appropriate for a public publication (e.g., it is defamatory, hateful, harassing, derogatory, demeaning, threatening, abusive, pornographic, racially or religiously biased or otherwise offensive or objectionable).
* Infringes or otherwise violates the rights of any third party, including without limitation any copyright, trademark, service mark, privacy rights, publicity rights or other intellectual property or proprietary rights.
* Violates any law, statute, ordinance, or regulation (except marijuana – it’s legal here!).
* Contains any anti-copying devices, tracking devices, computer viruses, worms or other potentially damaging computer programs or files.