01/22/2015 to 01/25/2015
Region’s Largest Boat Show Expands with New Features and Entertainment for All Ages, plus Ballpark Bites
SAN FRANCISCO – The San Francisco Bay will be buoyant with maritime merriment for the 2nd annual Progressive Insurance San Francisco Boat Show on January 22-25 at McCovey Cove and Pier 48. The 2015 event is expanding to accommodate more exhibitors, more inventory to shop and new ways to experience the boating lifestyle – making the new boat show the largest and most comprehensive boating event in Northern California.
The 2015 Progressive Insurance San Francisco Boat Show features boats for every lifestyle and budget, water sports, accessories, hands-on education, boating and sailing lessons on the bay, AT&T Park’s famed food and beverages, family entertainment and more.
“The boating industry is on an upward trend in California, and we’re expanding the show’s offerings by 20 percent to meet demand,” said Dave Geoffroy, vice president of the National Marine Manufacturers Association West. “We’re excited to collaborate with the Port of San Francisco and AT&T Park to champion the local boating culture and engage new audiences. The 2015 San Francisco Boat Show is a fully immersive, interactive experience that promises to give attendees of all ages a chance to experience the joys of the boating lifestyle.”
Boats and accessories:
• From spectacular showboats to darling dinghies, McCovey Cove and Pier 48 transforms into a boat shopper’s paradise with hundreds of new and used vessels for sale including luxury yachts, sport fishing boats, sailboats, pontoons, personal watercrafts, and family cruisers.
• Not in the market for a boat? In addition to a variety of boats to shop on land, Pier 48 features the latest nautical gear and gadgets, marine accessories, sports equipment and the latest innovations in navigation technology.
• Brokerage yachts are docked in McCovey Cove alongside dozens of new vessels and are presented in alliance with the California Yacht Brokers Association.
New Year’s bucket list: learn to sail, powerboat, and master everything in between
• The bay will be buzzing with Discover Boating Hands-On Skills Training power boating and sailing clinics. These daily, hands-on workshops cover a variety of topics for all experiences – from close quarter maneuvering to docking and anchoring – and are taught by certified instructors. Additional fees apply, and space is limited. Sign up at www.sfboatshow.com.
• From tips on fishing the California delta to getting started in sailing, a dedicated theater stage in Pier 48 will host dozens of free, daily seminars spanning all categories and expertise levels.
• DIY enthusiasts can visit Fred’s Shed Interactive Learning Center to watch certified marine technician and expert wrench slinger “Fred” demo tools and techniques on actual boat and motor cutaways. Topics include, “Don’t be Fuelish: Propping your boat for performance and fuel economy” and other aspects of motor maintenance, repairs, and upgrades.
Indoor sailing and family fun:
• New for 2015: An indoor Sailing Simulator first featured at America’s Cup gives novice skippers a chance to try sailing and experience how a boat reacts to wind and waves—without leaving dry land.
• The expanded Kids’ Zone in Pier 48 features nautical themed activities, arts and crafts for the little skippers.
• For those that prefer passenger side – the First Mate Skills seminar reviews the essentials for crewmembers and skippers.
• Get adventurous and bring a swimsuit to Try It Cove, where visitors can take a spin on a selection of water toys including stand up paddleboards and kayaks in a heated, indoor pool.
Take me out to The Cove:
• New for 2015: AT&T Ballpark bites! In partnership with AT&T Park, local fans can find their favorite ballpark food and beverages in the off-season, including hot dogs, garlic fries, popcorn, and peanuts.
• Foodie flair and perfect parings: enjoy a taste of San Francisco with a selection of local food trucks plus a chance to sample wines and craft brews at Pier 48.
WHEN: Thursday, January 22, 11 a.m. — 6 p.m.
Friday, January 23, 10 a.m. — 6 p.m.
Saturday, January 24, 10 a.m. — 6 p.m.
Sunday, January 25, 10 a.m. — 6 p.m.
WHERE: McCovey Cove at AT&T Park & Pier 48
24 Willie Mays Plaza
San Francisco, CA 94107
TICKETS: $12 for adults, ages 15 and under are FREE
Active Military – FREE
Advance tickets and additional discounts available at www.SFBoatShow.com
Vintage cable car shuttles will ferry visitors between the two event locations.
For more information, on tickets, parking, seminars exhibitors and more, visit www.SFBoatShow.com
Facebook: SanFranciscoBoatShow; Twitter: @SFBoatShow; Instagram: SFBoatShow – #SFBoatShow
About the Progressive® Insurance San Francisco Boat Show®
The Progressive® Insurance San Francisco Boat Show is produced by the National Marine Manufacturers Association (NMMA), the world’s largest producer of boat shows and the leading association representing the recreational boating industry. NMMA member companies produce more than 80 percent of the boats, engines, trailers, accessories and gear used by boaters and anglers throughout the U.S. and Canada. The association is dedicated to industry growth through programs in public policy advocacy, market statistics and research, product quality assurance and promotion of the boating lifestyle. For more information, visit www.nmma.org.